Friday, March 5, 2010

Why?!

Sloan has finally learned and started asking repeatedly the oh so dreadful question "Why?" Now I am not saying I don't like children asking why, because I do. It is important to explain things to them so they understand things properly. I believe that is why Quinton is so smart. Between mom, dad and I, we have always answered his inquisitive questions over the years. Not only does he understand more than your average 4 year old, his vocabulary is quite high as well.

The part I don't like about "Why?" is that it is asked again and again and AGAIN!!! There are some days when you just can't give the correct explanation that will satisfy a little one. Normally, when Sloan asks "why" it is because she is not allowed to have snack yet, or take big brother Q to school. It always comes out when she isn't getting her way. And she WILL ask it again and again until her little stubborn rear gets what she wants... good thing I am just as stubborn!! :) I know this will change as she gets older and her vocabulary grows. Her simple "Why?" will turn into ones that need greater explanations. And when that time comes I hope she absorbs all the information she gets, just like her brother has and still does.

I will have to admit when Sloan asks "Why?" she gets this soft, slightly high pitched drawn out voice. "WhyyYYyyyyy?" I must say it is pretty darn cute! I so wish I could record it to post on here. Perhaps one of these days :)

0 comments: