Saturday, March 13, 2010

Howling Hounds

We we first watched the movie Hot Fuzz a couple years ago. It was shortly after we had gotten Xena and we discovered that the sirens in the opening scene made her howl. It was so cute seeing her lift her head and howl away. Every so often, maybe once a month as to not over due it, we'd put the DVD in, turn up the volume and play the opening scene so we could hear Xena howl. Of course we had to try it with Halo too. It took a few times before she finally started howling. Of course the first time Matt tried it, I was gone so only him and his brother got to witness it. When we put it in that night hoping she'd howl again for Mama (that's me) we had no luck. She refused to howl again. I think it was because the guys had laughed at her earlier in the day.

Needless to say, we have not played the DVD for well over a year. Tonight we decided to see how Lyra would react to the noise. After all she goes crazy when it comes to the laser pointers so why not the loud sirens. As I sat there with the video camera directed toward Matt's little 'Princess', I heard kennels coming from the kennels behind me. To my utter delight, Halo was the one howling, not Xena. I was so excited! Halo howled away and Xena joined in. Matt and I were both cracking up. Halo sounds so weird when she starts to kind of talk while howling.

Here is the VIDEO of our howling hounds! Sorry if the sirens are loud and there is a bit shakiness to the video. I was laughing so you know how that goes :) As always our girls bring joy and laughter into our lives just the same as human children do to their parents. Love our girls!!!

0 comments: