Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Rescue 409

For those that know me, Know that I am completely terrified of spiders. So much that just seeing them I get nauseous, and break out in some sort of psychological rash (red blotches all over that itch). On with the story...

Last night I stayed in Morton with the kids since both mom and dad were out of town. Both kids were in bed by 8:00 which meant that this tired girl (time change messed me up) was ready for bed. As I was winding down for the night with a shower that's when things got crazy. AS I was rinsing the conditioner out of my hair, the last thing of my shower routine, I happened to glance up at the ceiling above me. That's when it attacked! Or rather I freaked out!! Trying not to make any sudden movements that would make the eight legged 'Ick' move or fall on me, I slowly inched the shower door open and managed to get out. Granted I almost fell since wet feet and tile don't mix, but I did manage to work up the courage to take matters into my own hand. I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep knowing there was a spider was in the bathroom, nor would I have been able to go back in there in the morning if I did see the thing dead. I searched under the sink, praying I would be able to find some sort of cleaner that would put ME out of my misery. While looking through the contents from under the sink I managed to keep an eye on the spider to make sure the creature wasn't on the move.

I found my savior, the one and only, 409 All Purpose Cleaner! Oh how I love thee :) I learned back in high school that house cleaners work wonders for killing spiders when you can't get yourself close enough to step or swat at them. You can keep your distance and not have to hear any crunching sounds. Now you all see why I like the cleaners. I got as close as my devastated mental state would allow, and started spraying. The spider got upset and struggled to get away. Freaking me out all over again. I didn't want it running my way little lone dropping down to the floor. Ewwww!!! Eventually it died and my blood pressure was able to lower considerably. I was able to get my contact out and teeth brushed before attempting to go to sleep. It was a restless sleep due to the feeling of something crawling up my legs and arms throughout the night. Spiders really do a number on me but I survived to tell the tale! Thank goodness for Rescue 409!!

0 comments: