Friday, March 5, 2010

"The Cone of Shame"

Little Lyra got spayed on Wednesday. Poor girl is now summoned to our bedroom, segregated from the other two dogs, and allowed out of her kennel only for bathroom breaks and short individual play sessions. Oh wait, I can't forget the "Cone of Shame" (movie UP reference) to prevent her from licking the incision. She hates it! We were using the mussel on her, but didn't like how it was rubbing on her snout. Anyway, we will be keeping her on this regime until next Saturday. So for the next week our bedroom will smell like dog. Blaaaa!!!

Poor Lyra misses playing with Halo something fierce. Halo feels the same way to an extent. I believe she misses her play pal, but I KNOW she does not miss getting her facial wounds, causes by sharp puppy teeth, reopened. I don't miss that either! I am hoping Halo is able to heal over the next week. For now, the goings on around the house is like it was before Lyra came into our lives'. Halo does everything in her power to get Xena (always unwilling) to play with her... she talks, chases her tail and paws at Xena. Halo and Xena are also able to stay out of their kennels at night again. We don't have to worry about accidents or fighting since they are both way past that stage. Not to mention, I can relax when I get home instead of being on edge and constantly yelling "Stop" at Lyra because she is getting to rough with Halo. I have to admit, although the peace and quiet is nice, I do miss her spastic uncoordinated puppy behavior. Lyra brings an awful lot of laughter into the household. It wouldn't be the same without her.

0 comments: