Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Wet Wednesday = "Busy Day at Work"

We woke up this Wet Wednesday to rain and watched it down pour off and on throughout the day. I swear someone was watching as I left my house this morning. I no more than stepped outside and the rain came gushing. It felt like I was underneath a waterfall. Of course it subsided once I got into my car, but unleashed its wrath once again as I pulled into Sullivan's driveway. Grrr!!


Although I was wet entering the Sullivan household, any cold feelings I may have had for the weather disappeared when I saw how excited Q was to work on his special project for mom. Yes, we're a little behind on getting her Mother's Day gift done; thank goodness she's been out of town on a mini vacation and is currently out of town for work! I'll post pictures of it in a day or two once it is all complete.

By mid morning Quinton informed me he had a "busy day at work". When I asked where he worked his response was too funny. "Nicki, can't you see? I work for Darth." He was sitting in front of his Darth Vador computer Santa had gotten him for Christmas, typing away.



I asked him if Darth Academy was doing well with its sales. "Nicki, please be quiet I am on the phone. This is a very important phone call and I need to hear them. You need to be as quiet as a mouse. Please shush!" I believe that is a combination of what he has heard from his parents and myself when he wants to speak with them while they are on a conference call. "I have so many messages I have to write down. Please be quiet, I don't want to ask you again." That statement is definitely a daily comment he hears from me! I was also informed that he had to "check one more email" before we could play.

He finished up "work" and got busy working on his special gift for mom. When I returned from lying Sloan down for a nap this was our next conversation . . .

"Ah man! I have even more work!"

"You do? Did you have a lot more calls come in?" I asked.

"Yeah, but I didn't answer the phone."

"Oh. Are you listening to your messages?"

"I only have one more voicemail left. It's sort of complicated. Once I finish with it, then we can play! Okay?"

Complicated?! What could I say to that? So I replied, "Sounds good to me."

"Nicki, I think you are pretty good at doing work. Do you want to help me? I'll get done faster if we have team work. Here, you write down the message and I'll put it onto the computer."


How could I resist such a request! Quinton's vocabulary (bold words in the conversation above) and comments while playing or having an actual conversation with someone, surprises us all each day. He picks up new words quickly and if he is unsure of their meaning, he will ask. Most often his new words are used in context which we all love!

Our Wet Wednesday ended up being a busy work day for both Q and I. I was asked to stay a couple hours late and Quinton had "work" as well as a special project that included a few different painting sessions/dry times throughout the day. I wonder if he's as exhausted as I am?!

0 comments: