Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Dancing to Darth

On my way home today, I took the kids into Morton to celebrate their cousin Maggie's birthday with the rest of the Sullivan family. As always I had the Backyardigans CD (includes a song from Nightwish and a couple from Star Wars) playing for Quinton's sake more than my own. When Imperial March, that's Darth Vader's theme song for those who don't know, came on I was asked to turn it up. While I was stopped at a stop light I glanced back to make sure Sloan was still okay and happy. What I saw made my day. This innocent little peanut was in the back seat, sweetly swaying from side to side to "Duh duh duh, dunt duh-na, dunt duh-na". How anyone can make that harsh sound pleasant is beyond me, but little Miss Sloan found a good rhythm and danced to it. Once Sloan realized I was looking at her, she stopped and smiled her big "Quinton smile" at me. Although I would have loved to catch this on video it would have been quite difficult (and dangerous) while driving. Maybe next time!

0 comments: