Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Today in Review

Here is a run down of our day! First, Sloan had her dance class this morning. I must mention that she did not want to wear her leotard today, but rather a onesie with a little skirt attached. I knew from experience that other girls wore shorts and t-shirts, even though most moms dress their girls in fancy dance attire. Whatever is most comfortable for Sloan is best, in my mind. Mom and Big Bro were able to come watch this week which made it all that much more special. Sloan was so much more comfortable in class with her instructor and the other children. She joined in right away and did everything her instructor asked. Major difference from last week when she stood there observing for most of the time.


The children do little warm ups, then do dance moves back and forth across the room, and at the end they have a dance party. Although I took many little video clips through out class, the Freeze Dance Party at the end is what I am sharing. Enjoy!



Then later this afternoon after nap, quiet time and snacks, we headed to a near by park. Q rode his bike and Sloan pushed her baby in the stroller. Q is extremely conscious of my bicycle safety rules, on top of the basic ones. He knows that he must be at least one side walk square away from the street. He also knows he does not have my permission to go ahead unless I can see him. So if I am waiting on Sloan and there is a corner or big tree that will block my view of Quinton, he is not allowed to go. However, if I can see him, then he has permission to look both ways and walk his bike across the street. I am usually about 10 yards away when he is allowed to do this so I can see all the streets and on potential oncoming traffic. Quinton feels like he is being independent doing it on his own, even though we all know, I am there to tell him to wait if need. :) I must also add I do this when we go to Forest Glen which is only two blocks from the house.

While Sloan played with her baby on the equipment, Q made a new friend and played Star Wars or something with him. Both kiddos had fun. After the other kids left, Q decided to try the high monkey bars! There are two different sets at this park. Lower ones that have maybe a foot between Q's feet and the ground when he goes across, and then the high ones which has a good four feet from Q's toes to the ground when he goes across. After practicing a couple times when we first got there and having me there just in case, Q decided he wanted to try while I video taped him. So I'd like to share an exciting accomplishment of his :)

0 comments: