Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Tim McGraw and Lady Antebellum

Last weekend Matt and I wen to go see Tim McGraw and Lady Antebellum at the Amphitheatre in Chicago. One of my best friends and roommates from college invited us to go and we jumped on the opportunity. I've turned Matt into quite the country music listener over the years :) We had such a great time and can't thank Keri enough for inviting us.

Instead of me driving home at the end of the week, Matt came up here instead. We stayed at the S family's house Friday night, walked uptown for breakfast Saturday morning, went to a birthday party Saturday afternoon, concert Saturday night, and made a stop at Ikea on Sunday. It was nice having Matt see the area I am at during the week. I think he has a better idea now when I say the kids and I walked here or there and the houses I have explained to him. I even took him to Portillos which was a must. Awesome Chicago style hot dogs which were right up his alley! :) I even made him bring a cooler, because I love Valli Produce prices on deli meats & cheese, fruits and vegetables! Now you can all see the penny pincher in me :) He thought I was nuts at first asking him to do this, but after seeing that I spent only $31 on a whole cooler full of food, plus 2 bags of none fridge food, Matt changed his mind.

All in all I hope Matt had a good weekend in Chicago, despite the drive, because I know I did! :)

0 comments: