Saturday, April 10, 2010

Easter Fun

Easter was definitely a weekend event. My mom, brother and niece cam into town for a few days which made the weekend even better!!!

We started the festivities on Friday. Our good friends in D-town invited us (mainly the kids) over for an Easter Egg Hunt. There were about 10 kids total ranging in age 15 months to 10 years old. All the kiddos had a blast! They got candy and $$ money $$. And when I say money I don't me a few measly coins here and there I am talking $5 in a single egg!! There were multiple money eggs so you can just imagine. Hailey, Logan and Jayd had a ball. Meeting a few new friends and chowing down on sugar! Thank You, Kim and Jeff, for such a great Easter Event!


Saturday the kids did a scavenger hunt that I put together. Each child got to use a digital camera to take pics of the items on the list. They had 45 minutes to find as many items as they could. We split up one child, one dog (my babies needed walked) to a group and went separate ways. I mean we didn't want to see 3 pictures of the same thing. All three found everything they needed. Mainly because I took things from around our neighborhood. Jayden ran into a snag. Grammy's camera didn't take the majority of the pictures, so I had to take her out again to retake them. She was not a happy camper. Matt made a slideshow of their images and we viewed them together Sunday to decide the winners. All kids got a participation prize which was a poster/paint set. Grand prize went to Hailey for finding all the items and finishing first. We had a "Most Creative" prize, but ended up flipping a coin to see whether Logan or Jayden got it. All three of them had some very creative pictures. I had just as much fun on the scavenger hunt as the kids did. I even changed some of the items on the list so Q can do one in his new neighborhood. I figure this is a great way to explore the area and meet new friends. Had the weather cooperated this week we would have already done it, but this will be an activity for next weekend instead!




We also died eggs Saturday night. I had the regular dying kit where you drop the egg in the dye, but I also got this new Egg Spinner. You place the egg in it, drop 5-7 drops of color on it and spin away. The eggs end up having a marbled look to them. The kids really enjoyed this and I think I like it better just from a clean up point of view. I even hit the after Easter sale at Walmart and got another one for next year 75% off. Now we have two spinners, so no waiting to take turns!

Easter Sunday, we had another egg hunt in our backyard for the kids and they each got multiple baskets of goodies (dad, G-ma & G-pa R, Us & Grammy). You would have thought it was Christmas with all the stuff they got! We enjoyed watching the scavenger hunt results together as well as the movie "Where the Wild Things Are." We also celebrated my little brother and I's birthdays. Billy is now 16! I feel old :( My baby's growing up.

0 comments: