Friday, April 23, 2010

Driving in My Car

For the second week in a row during story time at the library the kids and I sang and danced to the song "Driving in My Car." It is such a cute song that has fun actions. You may have seen Ralph on Disney singing between shows, on Sesame Street, or other kid friendly channels. His newest CD is called "Ralph's World" which has this very song on it.


What made this song even more fun this week was that the kids were heading to Morton in the afternoon. Sloan was singing it not long after she got up from her nap. Of course we changed the lyrics "Driving all the way to Minneapolis" to "Driving all the way to Morton, IL." The song was fitting for our day. I heard Q singing it as he was getting buckled into his seat, just before I pulled away in my own car. To be honest the song was stuck in my head almost the whole way home. That's for 2 1/2 hours!!! So if you need any new kid friendly CDs for the car I highly suggest any of the Ralph's World discs. There are nine different ones to choose from :)

Click here to listen to a segment of the song. Scroll down until you find the title "Drivin' in My Car." Unfortunately, I could not find a youtube video or the whole song :(

0 comments: