Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Holidays are Here

The holidays are officially here in our household. We, or should I say "I", broke out the Christmas tree and other decorations this weekend. I guess growing up with the tradition of putting the tree and Christmas decorations up the day after Thanksgiving, has stuck with me. Since Matt and I will be in Iowa over the weekend, we won't be here to help Hailey and Logan decorate the tree. Of course waiting until the next weekend they are here (Dec. 11-13) would be too late. I mean really what's the point in having the tree up only two weeks?! None!

So with that said, I put up the tree myself. It is only an artificial 6 foot pre-lit tree. White of all colors. Actually, it is quite ugly, but beggars can't be choosers. Mom gave us the tree that she used at school before retiring two years ago. She had a red, white and blue theme, which I should have stuck with. Probably because I have gold garland instead of silver is why I dislike it so. Perhaps a little shopping is in order before Wednesday. Anyway, the tree is up as well as the stockings and other decor. Our house is looking quite festive... as festive as it will ever be, which if compared to others isn't much. I'd love to wrap Hailey and Logan's gifts and place them under the tree, but our dogs, Halo in particular, would have a field day with them. I'd probably have to re-wrap them twice a week before the kids finally had a chance to open them, if I were to place them under the tree now. Honestly, I have had my fill of wrapping gifts for now. Since I won't see anyone on my side of the family over Christmas I have had to get all my shopping and wrapping done for that crew early. The only thing left to make our home's holiday decor complete would be Christmas music. I can't handle it all month like many people like, so a couple weeks prior to the "big day" will have to suffice.

Matt and I plan to head to Iowa, Wednesday after work. It won't put us in Sidney until 12:30 but we'll be able to sleep in. Maybe?! So to all, I wish you a wonderful holiday season from beginning to end! If you are traveling later this week I bid you safe travels and I mustn't forget a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! :)

0 comments: