Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Dungeon of Darkness

As said in the previous post, October was an insane month for me mainly because of the haunted house. We volunteered last year when our friends E & S owned it. However, they sold it to the current owner, another good friend of ours', Dennis. We had a great season! The number of customers who came through went above and beyond the expectations of anyone. As of today I am still not sure what the grand total was, however, I will find out Saturday at the Appreciation Party for all volunteers.

Matt and I not only acted each night while the haunt was open, we also helped build the rooms for 6 weeks starting in August. It is a lot of work, but so worth it. I am proud to say that all proceeds after "out of pocket" expenses are paid (rent, materials, electricity) went to the Boys and Girls Club here in Pekin. Dennis was hoping for a decent chunk of money to give them, but ultimately they got a whole lot more. I believe our busiest night was close to 500 people. Again, nothing like any of us expected!!! Having the money donated makes all that hard work worth it all that much more! Like I said I should hear the numbers this Saturday and I will be sure to post them.

Below is a scrapbook with some pictures of the haunt. If you have younger children you may not want them to view it. There is some gruesome makeup and props on some of the pages. No need for nightmares if we can help it. Enjoy!

Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook:
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook

0 comments: