Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Letter 'P'

We started this week knowing that it was going to be busy. When Q announced Monday that they were talking about the letter 'P' at school I jumped on the chance to do something fun as well as distract the kiddos from thinking about the move. On our short drive home I asked Q to name as many words that started with the letter P that he could think of. Papa, Peaches, Pumpkin, Pasta and Poop (go figure) were among the few he through out. Since most of the words were food I asked him "If we had a Letter 'P' Lunch tomorrow, what do you think we should eat?" His response...

"Pizza! No wait, make that Pepperoni Pizza!"

By the time we got home Q had decided that we were going to have Pepperoni Pizza, Peaches ("...or Sloan can have Pineapple if she wants"), and Pepsi (Sloan had milk) which he drank from a Pumpkin cup. I wasn't so sure about the Pepsi, but I figured in all the years I have been babysitting Q, I have maybe given him soda three time. This was the first for caffeinated soda. No worries, he did not drink the whole bottle. He was given 1/3 of his pumpkin cup (about 4 oz) and that was it. Q wasn't too happy that I wouldn't let him have any more, but I don't like giving children soda. That's Nanny Nicki's Personal Preference!!

Sloan participated in letter 'P' day by not only eating the 'P' foods, but also wearing Pajamas and Pigtails all day! Shhhh... don't tell anyone, but CC wore her pajamas for most the day too ;) Both the kids had fun as did grandma and I. What more could you ask for?!

0 comments: