Saturday, July 4, 2009

Surprise!!!

Friday I was lucky enough to surprise Quinton, by bringing Jayden to work with me. And boy was he surprised. A little shy at first, or maybe it was more embarrassment because he needed to get some undies on (he jetted upstairs and got dressed quicker than I have ever seen). Regardless, once he was dressed he was ready to play. They played tag, Boom Blox on the Wii, ran around & played at Detweiller Park, raced on Q's Smart Cycle, and Jayden read him a couple books before nap. They hadn't seen each other since last fall, but they picked up right where they left off. Q thought everything Jayd said was hilarious, and she enjoyed the fact that Q could now play and do things physically similar to herself than a year ago. They showed each other their gymnastic moves, only to find out they did quite a few of the same ones.

First time Jayden and Q met; summer 2007

Let's not forget Sloan in all of this. She was curious at first who this new person was, but by the time we left for the park, she couldn't take her eyes off of Jayd. Every time Jayden would look at her, Sloan would laugh. She was always touching Jayden's arm or leg, trying to figure out everything about her. Jayden enjoyed helping to keep an eye on little Miss Sloan. I believe she would have held her all day, if I had allowed it. All three kids played on the playground equipment together. Jayden would catch Sloan at the bottom of the small slide as I helped her up top.

All in all we had a great day. Q informed Jayd that she could ". . . come play anytime. I would love it!" It is good to know that I'm not the only one who wishes Jayden lived closer. And yes, I forgot my camera on Friday!! :(

0 comments: