Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Tooth #7

Little Miss Sloan has been drooling like crazy for over a week now and has been pretty cranky too. We all knew that meant more teeth were on their way. It took the little miss, ten and a half months to have her first tooth break through which was followed by five more by the week's end. Finally, three months later, another tooth has finally broke through!! During a tickle session this afternoon, Sloan was belly laughing, mouth wide open. I peaked in to discover her first molar on the left side sticking out. Not the one I expected. I figured her fangs (canines) would be next, but I was wrong. They'll come in when they are ready. If this is anything like last time, she'll have a whole mouth full within a week or two!

First toothy smile at age 10 1/2 months

Sloan's getting so big and I love watching her grow. She is now the age Quinton was when I started watching him, two and a half years ago. There are similarities in their development at this age, as well as differences. I can't wait to see the development of her motor, verbal and cognitive skills in the future. Congrats, Miss Sloan, on tooth number seven!!

0 comments: