Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A Cute & Creative Gift Idea

Twice in the past week I ended up using the same gift idea. One was for a friends birthday and the other was with the kids as a Mothers Day craft. For the birthday gift, I was only given "... Willow Tree, candles, and out door plants" as ideas to help me get my dear friend a gift. Our friend Dee is a wonderful woman. She is so kind and doesn't have a single ounce of bad in her body. I have known her for a couple years now. So with the hints her hubby gave me, Matt and I concluded in making a Cookie Bouquet, in a "Friend" flower pot with a gift card to Hallmark so she could pick out her own Willow Tree figure. We don't know what she has for sure, so this way she could get what she wants. In a creative way, Dee got flowers. Here is what it ended up looking like.

While trying to figure out what kind of craft the kiddos could do for their mom for Mother's Day, I figured we could do the same thing only the kids would paint their own pots for mom. I suggested it to Q and he told me "No wait I have an even BETTER idea. We can go get some pots to paint and then we can put pretend flowers in them. Not real ones, but pretend ones. Like cookies or something. Isn't that a great idea?!" Um... are you thinking what I was thinking? His great idea was what I had suggested from the get go?! Yep, you were thinking the same thing as me. But I enjoyed seeing him 'come up' with such a great idea. The enthusiasm in his voice was so cute and heartfelt. Pictured below are the gifts Sloan and Quinton made. Aren't they cute?! They worked very hard on these special gifts for mom. Enjoying frosting and sprinkles along the way! :)

2 comments:

Nicki said...

A cookie bouquet is an awesome idea! We did something sort of similar... The girls painted flower pots, and I turned some pens into flowers and stuck them in the pot with colored rocks. So you take out a flower, and use it as a pen!

Anonymous said...

thanks so much again...the gift was DARLING!!! xoxo