Sunday, February 21, 2010

Go Go Go

In my book, the weekend is suppose to be a time to relax and enjoy yourself. Not to say that I have not enjoyed myself this weekend, because I have. In part because it has just been the "kids" (dogs), Matt and I. However, Matt got his tax return on Friday which was burning a hole in his pocket just seconds after he got it. So Saturday we went shopping... all day!!! I absolutely hate shopping which stems for the hours upon hours my mom use to subject me to as a kid. Matt wanted one of three things; a new bed, flat screen TV, or a gun. Pretty sure I was okay with anything, but the gun. Seriously how many do you really need? Better yet, how often do you actually use it? So after comparing stats and prices of a number of TVs and bed mattresses & frames, we decided on a BED!!!

I'm ecstatic! Getting a new bed is long over due. Our current bed is in great shape and super comfortable, but it is only a full size. It is the bed Matt got himself before we were together which was all he needed. With me being six feet tall, that means my feet have been hanging over the edge of the bed when stretched out for nearly four years! The little bit of extra room that the queen will give us will be much appreciated. We went to furniture stores, Sears, UFS and the beloved Big Lots. In the end the frame we agreed on came from Big Lots as did the mattress. They had their Serta mattress sale where you buy a mattress and get the foundation for only $10. Saturday was the last day of the sale so the mattress was bought a day prior to the frame. Why you may ask? Well Bog Lots is having their "Family and Friend Day" today where you get 20% off your entire purchase. So by waiting we got 20% off the bed frame!! I refuse to pay full price for something if I don't have to.

Unfortunately, we will not have access to a truck until Thursday, so we have to wait to bring the bed home. But it is comforting knowing that we will have something new that Matt and I both want, can use and enjoy. After all the store to store shopping and the back and forth from city to city I am officially exhausted! Once we get the new bed set up and out new bedding gets here I will put up a picture of our big purchase!! :) Oh and if you read this today, go to Bog Lots and get 20% off your entire purchase. They stay open late until 10:00pm tonight for the occasion!

4 comments:

Sue Dyke said...

Hey, Nicki, if you are going to blame me for your hatred of shopping, at least give me credit for the fact that you NEVER pay the full price. (Please note that I target MY major purchases at 50% or more "OFF", but I understand that you are still a novice, so 20% is at least a start! ( : Love, Mama Sue)

Nicki said...

Mama Sue, I should have been more clear on my bargain. The sleigh bed frame was already 50% off, but then we got it for an additional 20% off with the family & friends day coupon. So when it comes to a bargain you HAVE taught me well... and you have taught me to HATE shopping!! :) Love You!!!

Anonymous said...

Nicki, brings a tear to my eye...an ADDITIONAL 20% off. Yep, that's my girl! Two weekends ago I hit Sears when they had an additional 40% off clearance and sale items. Your brother has a new wardrobe for next year and the shirts were only 2.99 instead of $28-$36. I really splurged and got a deep blue dress shirt and tie for 4.99 instead of $48. Who would really spend that kind of money? He broke the zipper on his winter coat so I went ahead and got him a new Polo coat for $23.99 instead of $125. He really likes almost everything and he can tolerate the others, so I consider it a successful investment. I only wished I could have gotten more jeans/pants. ($6.99-8.99).

Nicki said...

Well done Mama Sue! Well done :)