Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Zip-line Park

Q and I have been enjoying our Thursday morning "just the two of us" time each week. I think my favorite week so far was when we went to Mary Knolls Park (a.k.a. The Zip-line Park). We had originally went to go mini golfing, but of course it was closed due to the new Fall hours. Q was disappointed for about 2 seconds until we walked over the playground area. We were the only ones there at first. Q surprised me by saying "Nicki, being the only one here is awesome! I don't have to wait in line or share with anyone." as he giggles after he says that. He did enjoy his 20 minutes of being the only kids there, but he was also super excited once other kids started showing up.

The biggest hit at the park was of course doing the Zip-line! The first time I sent him down it was a a little slow. He enjoyed it but of course he wanted to go faster. When you watch the video below you will understand why I was hesitant to send him down too fast. When the zip-line hits the stopper at the end it sends its "passenger" flying in the air. Q is strong enough to hang on, but it still made me nervous. But he absolutely LOVED flying through the air!



Needless to say we took Sloan to the park last week as well. Quinton wanted her to experience the zip-line too. Even though I hung on to her the whole time. She loved it too!

0 comments: