Thursday, September 30, 2010

Ohio Bound :(

Well the time has arrived and two of my favorite kids are moving out of state! :( It has been a lousy last couple weeks ever since I got the news. Not only for me, but especially for the kids and their dad, as well as uncle and grandparents... even close friends of the family. Divorce is never an easy things and just when you think things are settling down and everyone is getting into a routine after nearly 3 years, one of the parents wants to move out of state. Without going into details, this decisions has flipped many people's worlds upside down, mainly two children and their father's. It makes me sad to think they won't be near so that family and myself can go to school events, see them on a regular basis, be there if something bad should ever happen... all things good & bad that so many people have to miss out on now. No, I am not related to these two wonderful children by blood, but I was their aunt for four years and a "motherly" figure for them on the weeks for a good 2 1/2 years. Hailey told me herself a couple weekends ago, "You're still my Aunt and always will be no matter what anyone says. I love you too much!" As if that didn't bring tears to my eyes! I just keep telling myself the holidays will be here before I know it and I will be able to see them again. There will be moments when the day may seem to drag on, especially if it is a significant day during the year that is normally shared with Hailey and Logan or if I am doing something that reminds me of them... those will be the hardest moments. I know what this move is doing to me, so I can't even imagine what it is doing to them or their father. :'(

On a positive note (always have to have something positive), the past couple weeks have been all about the kids. They got to have a slumber party at my new place, got to go to a couple movies (one with just dad and the other with what use to be our family of 5), see grandma and grandpa 2 weeks in a row, have a wienie roast at the Pirate and Witch's house and just spend some time with Dad!!!

Back to the slumber party... I invited the kids, dad and Uncle Matt over for dinner and a movie, as well as a friend's daughter Shelby... then the kiddos got to sleepover! The kids chose "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" to watch... the one made back when I was a kid! Hello?! During the movie, poor Shelby conked out so it was like the Jack's Links commercials at my place. Only instead of "Messing with Sasquatch" it was "Messing with Shelby". Check the pictures out above. Logan and Hailey got a kick out of it! And in the morning when I showed Shelby the pictures she thought they were pretty funny too!! :) We had a great night that weekend... actually great time both evenings. The kids dressed up in Halloween costumes while at the wienie roast the following night. Hailey, Logan and Shelby had so much fun together two night in a row!!!

I am going to miss Hailey and Logan very much!!! What I thought I had lost with them a couple months ago, was nothing compared to this. As hard as it will be for everyone, I hope that Hailey and Logan will enjoy this new chapter in their lives, makes lots of new friends, and share all their wonderful adventures with us all back here in Illinois! I love you two!!!

0 comments: