Thursday, October 8, 2009

HURRAY!!!!!!!

I am proud to say that after a long four years being off work, Matt has gotten a job. After having his TTD cut back in May we have been scraping by off of my small income. He was told by his lawyer to get a job and that "the company" would have to pay a differential (basically make up the difference so he'd still be getting nearly $48,000 a year like he was making before) until they come to a settlement. Sounds easy, but many places weren't thrilled that he had been off work for four years nor the fact that he made so much prior. They were scared he'd take a higher payng position later on down the road. Umm... wouldn't any normal person do that? Nonetheless, Matt will still have to wait for that settlement for who knows haw many more years at the rate things have been moving and I am sure it will be like pulling teeth trying to to get them to pay the differential, but at least Matt has finally found something. I think this will help his with his self esteem, depression and overall negative view of the world that has worsened over the six months.

I am so excited for Matt to get out there and feel like he and his knowledge/talents can be utilized and appreciated by someone other than me. He keeps claiming he isn't excited, but you know deep down he is. I can see it in his eyes. He was glowing when I got home with a smile that streched across his face most of the night. The job won't be too demanding, nor does it pay anywhere close to what he was making before his workman's comp case, but it is the perfect job for him to ease back into the work force. So to Matt I say congratulations, good luck and I know you'll do GREAT!!!

0 comments: